- Mahasiswa UMY Ciptakan Alat Pengukur Karbonmonoksi...
- Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi Telah Diterjemahkan Dalam...
- Delegasi Parlemen Eropa puji batik Indonesia
- RI Bergandengan Tangan dengan Malaysia Atasi Masal...
- Kebo Iwa (Bali)
- The Legend Of Singaraja
- My Nest Is Better Than Yours
- Wayang Orang Indonesia Mendunia
- Pencinta Film Asing di Indonesia Kecewa
- Gong Perdamaian Nusantara Diarak Keliling
- Malaysia Suka Produk Jamu Indonesia
- Lutung Kasarung (English Version)
- Petani dan Patung Landak (English Version)
- Bawang Merah & Bawang Putih (English Version)
- Timun Mas (English Version)
- Malin Kundang (English Version)
- Ada Pameran Keris di Borobudur
- Presiden Pilih Komodo Sebagai Tujuh Keajaiban Duni...
- IMF Memuji Ekonomi Indonesia
- Mengintip Papua Nugini
- ▼ Februari (22)
Jumat, 04 Februari 2011
Lutung Kasarung (English Version)
Hearing this, Purbararang was angry. "You cannot ask her to be the queen, Father. I'm older than she is. It's supposed to be me, not her!" said Purbararang. But the king still chose Purbasari to be the next queen. Purbararang then set a bad plan with her fiance, Indrajaya. Together they went to a witch and asked her to put a spell on Purbasari. Later, Purbasari had bad skin. There were black dots all over her body. "You are not as beautiful as I am. You cannot be the queen. Instead, you have to leave this palace and stay in a jungle," said Purbararang. Purbasari was very sad. Now she had to stay in the jungle. Everyday she spent her time playing with some animals there.
There was one monkey that always tried to cheer her up. It was not just an ordinary monkey, he had magical power. And he also could talk with humans. The monkey's name was Lutung Kasarung. He was actually a god. His name was Sanghyang Gurumina.
Lutung Kasarung planned to help Purbasari. He made a small lake and asked her to take a bath there. Amazingly, her bad skin was cured. Now she got her beautiful skin back. After that, she asked Lutung Kasarung to accompany her to go back to the palace.
Purbararang was very shocked. She knew she had to come up with another bad idea. She then said, "Those who have longer hair will be the queen." The king then measured his daughters' hair. Purbasari had longer hair. But Purbararang did not give up. "A queen must have a handsome husband. If my fiance is more handsome than yours, then I will be the queen," said Purbararang.
Purbasari was sad. She knew Purbararang's fiance, Indrajaya, was handsome. And she did not have a fiance yet. "Here is my fiancé, Indrajaya. Where is yours?" asked Purbararang. Lutung Kasarung came forward. Purbararang was laughing very hard. "Your fiance is a monkey, ha ha ha." Suddenly, Lutung Kasarung changed into a very a handsome man. He was even more handsome than Indrajaya.
Purbasari then became the queen. She forgave Purbararang and her fiance and let them stay in the palace.