- Mahasiswa UMY Ciptakan Alat Pengukur Karbonmonoksi...
- Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi Telah Diterjemahkan Dalam...
- Delegasi Parlemen Eropa puji batik Indonesia
- RI Bergandengan Tangan dengan Malaysia Atasi Masal...
- Kebo Iwa (Bali)
- The Legend Of Singaraja
- My Nest Is Better Than Yours
- Wayang Orang Indonesia Mendunia
- Pencinta Film Asing di Indonesia Kecewa
- Gong Perdamaian Nusantara Diarak Keliling
- Malaysia Suka Produk Jamu Indonesia
- Lutung Kasarung (English Version)
- Petani dan Patung Landak (English Version)
- Bawang Merah & Bawang Putih (English Version)
- Timun Mas (English Version)
- Malin Kundang (English Version)
- Ada Pameran Keris di Borobudur
- Presiden Pilih Komodo Sebagai Tujuh Keajaiban Duni...
- IMF Memuji Ekonomi Indonesia
- Mengintip Papua Nugini
- ▼ Februari (22)
Jumat, 04 Februari 2011
Bawang Merah & Bawang Putih (English Version)
One morning, Bawang Putih was washing some clothes in a river. Accidentally, her mother's clothes were washed away by the river. She was really worried so she walked along the river side to find the clothes. Finally she met an old woman. She said that she kept the clothes and would give them back to Bawang Putih if she helped the old woman do the household chores. Bawang Putih helped her happily. After everything was finished, the old woman returned the clothes. She also gave Bawang Putih a gift. The old woman had two pumpkins, one pumpkin was small and the other one was big. Bawang Putih had to choose one.
Bawang Putih was not a greedy girl. So she took the small one. After thanking the old woman, Bawang Putih then went home. When she arrived home, her step mother and Bawang Merah were angry. They had been waiting for her all day long. Bawang Putih then told about the clothes, the old woman, and the pumpkin. Her mother was really angry so she grabbed the pumpkin and smashed it to the floor. Suddenly they all were surprised. Inside the pumpkin they found jewelries. "Bawang Merah, hurry up. Go to the river and throw my clothes into the water. After that, find the old woman. Remember, you have to take the big pumpkin," the step mother asked Bawang Merah to do exactly the same as Bawang Putih's experience. Bawang Merah immediately went to the river. She threw the clothes and pretended to search them. Not long after that, she met the old woman. Again she asked Bawang Merah to do household chores. She refused and asked the old woman to give her a big pumpkin. The old woman then gave her the big one. Bawang Merah was so happy. She ran very fast. When she arrived home, her mother was impatient. She directly smashed the pumpkin to the floor. They were screaming. There were a lot of snakes inside the pumpkin! They were really scared. They were afraid the snakes would bite them. "Mom, I think God just punished us. We had done bad things to Bawang Putih. And God didn't like that. We have to apologize to Bawang Putih," said Bawang Merah.
Finally both of them realized their mistakes. They apologized and Bawang Putih forgave them. Now the family is not poor anymore. Bawang Putih decided to sell all the jewelries and used the money for their daily lives.